Coastal Sunrise – A Lensball Adventure

The past few days, I’ve been at the coast helping my parents with a few things. My niece was also there and we got up early one morning to cycle down to the beach to make some pictures. We had a lensball with us and tried making a few shots with it. My best shot is the one above. The image below was taken just a few minutes before without the lensball.

Disclaimer: This is not an ad for Lensball. To be honest, I have a glass sphere but it is not a brand name Lensball. Calling it that is just sounds better that “glass sphere” or “crystal ball” in my opinion.

58 thoughts on “Coastal Sunrise – A Lensball Adventure

LOL you don’t want us to know you have a crystal ball, and that you carry it with you, always looking into it. Your broom like mine is a fold away right.. so no one really knows of our hidden talents..You sly warlock you!

Ha ha. You’ve figured me out. At this sunrise shoot, I was telling fortunes of people on the beach who came over to check out the lensball. I somehow saw coffee in everyone’s future.

2. Suzette Benjamin

Wow. Very beautiful. Thanks for the introduction to lensball. I always wondered how photos of that style were created. Great post. Thank you. Your posts are treasures. Thanks again 😊

Call it a lensball….keep us guessing! πŸ˜€ I did not know it was an actual brand name, so that’s what I call mine. Ooops! Very pretty photos–both with and without your ‘glass sphere.’

So you are taking your crystal ball with you now on you trips! Does it say that Covid is going away very soon!?!

We love your sphere and all the captures. How wonderful to spend time with your niece as well!

Happy day to you Chris… Enjoy your time with your parents.

I love that you and your niece share this hobby! What a great way to spend time together. These are beautiful images Chris! I think you’ve mastered this lensball which sounds like it is trickier than it appears. Take good care!

Thank you. It’s a fun and challenging little addition to my bag. I’ve found all kinds of great photos made using it online but it’s not as simple as it sounds. Usually when I use it, I spend a lot of tme hovering around it with my camera trying to get the right angle.

6. Garfield Hug

That is a lovely unique shot through the round thingy (*cheeky me here as you explained “lensball”) – you are a good photographer and that was not easy, I am sure of it.

Both are stunning images! Does your niece share your passion for early mornings or did you have to bribe her with pancakes for breakfast? πŸ˜‰

8. Anamikaa

My God!! so serene.
    I think sunrise and sunsets are one of the most beautiful gift nature has given us.
    I just can’t get enough of these pictures.
    I too spent whole evening today clicking sunset sky, soon going to upload all of them ❀😍