Pop’s Clam Shell

Places like this are a guilty pleasure of mine in the summer. I try to eat healthy 95% of the time but every once in a while, I love to go to a place like this. I know fried food is not healthy but it tastes so good. Fried seafood or a good burger with onion rings are my favorites.

What’s your favorite summertime food? Is it healthy or a guilty pleasure?

31 thoughts on “Pop’s Clam Shell

1. photobyjohnbo

Probably my favorite summer food is sweet corn on the cob. I like a good desert, but will pass it up more readily than fresh sweet corn.
    By the way, regarding those guilty pleasures… If you eat all the right foods, avoid alcohol, and follow all the rules for good health, you may not live to be 100, but it will sure seem like it. >grin<

Yes! We have had our share of ice cream this summer. There is a soft serve stand in our town that even makes an ice cream taco forming a waffle cone into a taco shell and filling it with soft serve.

We saw places like this in Maine and NH when we would vacation in the area.. I’m for a fresh lobster roll.. although in areas away from such goodies, I do like a good steak.. with a baked potato.. now come on.. you have us thinking of food and the day is only beginning.. you rascal you! there are good hamburger joints in the States, piled high with fresh tomatoes, sliced onions and crispy lettuce. skip the condiments! yum.

3. michnavs

I am a fitness enthusiast so i eat “clean”….but, my guilty pleasures would be seafoods, like crabs, prawns, crayfish, lobster….ohhh boy, i would willingly run 10k for this..or extend more yoga time..,
    And oh, i have a go to burger place here…i love their burger with melted cheese and caramelized onions..

Those pull up places with your car… and a hot fudge sundae! Mmmmm!

And every once in a while… crispy skinny fries… done just right!

Crispy french fries are a guilty pleasure of mine! Watermelon, peaches, and vine ripe tomatoes are probably my favorite summer foods. Great picture of this fun place! Glad you included it. I love places like this.

6. sloppy buddhist

We have spaces like this too not with seafood probably more burger places here in Alberta…but is love fish and chips when we go to the west coast…enjoy every bite…treats are good too! Happy Saturday Chris β˜ΊοΈπŸ’«πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

We live in a cold climate so all the fresh veggies and fruits from the backyard. I tend to eat less healthy when the cold sets in and I start craving comfort foods.

I’m the same way with comfort food in colder weather. You need it because you burn more calories trying to stay warm. But in summer, eating fresh vegetables and fruits is the way to go. Thank you

I like to have fried food once in a while. It’s not healthy but it tastes so good. All things in moderation. (To be hones, I just came back from a dinner of fried seafood and French fries with my wife.)

I do get the craving for fried food sometimes, Chris, and when your diet contains 95 % of healthy stuff I don’t think you need to worry about the impact your guilty pleasure has on your health. πŸ˜„
    My favourite summer food is all kinds of fresh fruits like berries and cherries and watermelon. I tend to eat more unhealthy stuff in winter when I need the carbs etc to keep warm. πŸ˜‚