What’s in Bloom – August 4, 2020

Black Eyed Suzies – a staple of New England summers
White phlox
The lilies keep coming
Lots of cherry tomoatoes
We harvested five big zucchini this morning and already made some zucchini bread.
A bit more fun

53 thoughts on “What’s in Bloom – August 4, 2020

Good Morning Chris~
    I am enjoying the Black Eyed Susans. They are one of my favorites. I’ll be making a bouquet of them today.
    You are harvesting a bountiful of deliciousness!
    Happy Tuesday Chris, have a fabulous day!

2. photobyjohnbo

Nice crop of cherry tomatoes. When I see photos like this, I always kick myself for not starting a potted tomato plant in the spring. I don’t have space on my condo “grounds” (which really belongs to the building) for any vegetable crops. One of the few things I miss about our decision to leave a house for apartment living.

3. Suzette Benjamin

Great photos. Black eyed Suzie are a favorite (in fact anything flowerish that has part of my name 🤣 is a favorite). Love the beach themed photo at the end. Great post. Cheers. 😊🍍🌴

What a joy this must be to see every morning. Phlox….I have not seen that flower in quite a while. The entire garden is so pretty, Chris . Zucchini bread–I use the same recipe and make muffins, too. So good!!

A feast at your place! In the shark infested waters also, it appears. 🙂 That scene is so clever! Your flower captures are stunning! I love the first one especially. That bright yellow is like sunlight through the darkness. Well done friend!

Thank you. Yes, we have a shark infested lawn. Awww, I’m glad you liked the flower. They are one of my favorites. I hope your day is going well. Cheers!

I love the bright colors! I don’t think I have ever seen a phlox plant. I am sure it is beautiful! The white is so vibrant! It is such a great feeling to go to the garden and be able to create a meal.

Thank you. The white of the phlox really stands out in the garden almost announcing itself. We like being able to go outside and get fresh tomatoes for a salad or beans to go with dinner. My wife is the green thumb person in our home. She does an amazing job. Have a great day.