The second bridge in Andover known as the Cilleyville Bridge because it is in the Cilleyville section of the town. It was built in 1887 at a cost of $522.63 and also uses the lattice truss design.
The bridge was built by a local carpenter named Print Atwood. He had two assistants Al Emerson and Charles Wilson.
Local folklore is that during construction, Emerson and Wilson became upset over something and cut some of the timbers short, causing the bridge to tilt.
Modern engineers have suggested, however, that the tilt may be caused by the nature of the lattice truss design.
This style of bridge is also called Town Lattice Truss after the person who patented the design.
The town built a new road over the Blackwater River in 1959 and restricted traffic on the bridge to pedestrians only.