The Bridge Over Willard Brook

Another week of remote teaching has ended. I’ve spent enough time on video-chat this week that the room we used to call “the office” is now referred to as “studio one”. The week was not without its surprises. On Tuesday, we woke up to find a bear had torn down all of our bird feeders during the night. That one’s on me for leaving them out this late in the season. The next day, we woke to a coating of snow on the ground. Thankfully, it melted by noontime. Saturday is likely to have more adventure as we are expecting 3-4 inches of fresh snow. Also, I’ve decided it’s time to try my hand at a self haircut using the clippers I recently bought. How badly can this really go, right?

I don’t teach on Friday. I used the time to have a brief socially distanced walk at Willard Brook State Park in Townsend, MA.

28 thoughts on “The Bridge Over Willard Brook

1. Liz Gauffreau

It was a Zoom week for me as well. I’m glad it’s over. It’s snowing outside my window. Sigh. The bridge over Willard Brook is lovely. I’ve always liked footbridges. And brooks.

It’s snowing here too. Please tell me this is the last of it. I have indoor activities planned for today. I’d forgotten about this park until I saw something on “Only in Your State” on fb. It’s a cute local state park, not as much or a destination. It has that 1930s CCC look to it.

Iโ€™m hearing more people try their hand at hair cuts with varying degrees of success lately. I think my nephew literally used a bowl. Glad it ended well for you, Chris! This is such a beautiful picture! So tranquil. Have a great day!

Thank you, Sandra. Yes, it was a pretty spot. The haircut came out well. I managed to buy some clippers before they disappeared from store shelves. I hope you and your family are having a good day.

LOL how was the haircut… I discovered such a bridge a couple of years back in a a rural part of Ontario, that had once been part of an active camp grounds, it closed..but the bridge and trails remained.. It was a happy find.. Waves across the miles.

Hi there. The haircut came out well. I managed to buy some clippers a few weeks back before the stores sold out. That former camp sounds like a cool place to explore. Smiles. ๐Ÿ˜Š

4. Alexandra

do you typically have snow this late in the year? it’s almost summerlike here, not that we can walk outside freely… beautiful shot, very idyllic…

Thank you, Alex. Spring is very variable here, especially in April. You can have snow or summerlike weather depending what the weather gods decide. How are you doing with having to stay inside? How are your boys doing?

1. Alexandra

it’s a weird situation currently, we are allowed to go outside, but not to parks… the result is utter chaos… there is hope measures will be not so restrictive as of next week, or we’ll just miss spring entirely…

Itโ€™s similar in cities here. I think we all want to return to normal but at the same time donโ€™t want people becoming ill. Sitting in the park will feel so good.

5. suzannesmom

Really curious if online teaching is working for your students. In the two classes where I volunteer engagement has been middling to poor. But we take what we can get. I do have a new, very advanced person I’m working with a lot, though. She actually found me through the blog!

I just saw this comment this morning. It’s going well. About 2/3 of the students joined and it’s shrunk to about 60% on any given night. It’s not for everyone. The online classes are good but noisy and different. I’m glad you’re volunteering with someone who’s been able to keep things going there.

Itโ€™s actually going really well. The first couple of weeks were challenging but Iโ€™m feeling really comfortable with it now. Are you teaching also? How is it going?

What a beautiful photo and bridge, Chris! I can almost hear the brook gurgling! Hehe! Studio one, eh? Who knows, you might end up being one of those super successful YouTube teachers in the end! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Do you know when you might get back to work? Here they’ve started school on Monday, though only for 5th and 6th grades, and the ones who are taking A-levels this year.

I think that’s a wise decision. That school is starting so prematurely here is mostly due to the pressure parents are making on the government.